Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Preparing for Winter Snow Storm - 2/1/2011

Well like most everyone in the US will be preparing for some kind of a winter storm in the next several days.  Here in Bloomington, IL they are predicting 14-18" of snow for us.  They say it will begin falling around lunch time and not stop until Wednesday sometime.  Our humans have prepared the best they can to be snowed in for a few days.  We are fully stocked up on Kibble for ourselves and the humans have their snacks and refreshments (Hee Hee).

We hope to do some blogging over the next few days as long as we continue to have power as we have to post about Winston's 4th birthday celebration and all the goodies we had that day.  We also hope to take some pictures and video of the "MASSIVE" snow storm coming to our area.  This amount of snow is not very common in our area and we have never seen that much snow.  We do have concerns about it since the average height for a basset is like 13" - 14" inches tall.  With this amount of snow most of our pictures will be a little head sticking out of a huge snow bank.  HoundDogDad told he has the shovel ready to go out and make us some paths so we can make sure we do our business.

We will keep you all posted on what comes our way.

The HoundDogs
Cleo, Winston and Amiee

5 comments:

  1. WOW we are very jealous, we would love some snow here!!! Its suppose to get down to 18 which is the coldest its been all year for us :)
    Stay warm and safe and we cant wait to see snow pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we are all ready here in Belvidere too. I got my long bone still, and lots of food fur me. I am trying to talk MOm into making me some new treats!! Hope we arent snowed under come tomorrow, BOL

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The worst part is the Chicago Tribune keeps referring to it as "potentially life threatening". I am actually nervous because they NEVER close the public schools here; so many of the families in our school system depend on the schools for a meal and a warm place to go. Which means that us teachers have to find a way to get here. I have routed out a 1/2 mile hike, two trains and a bus that will hopefully work. Our Bassets used to love the snow, and they would burrow through it and we would only see their tails moving above the snow. Good luck with the snow prep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out that you don't get lost. Maybe mom should tie balloons to your tails before you go out so she can spot you.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every winter season, I always prepare myself and my house for the worse, even if the weather is weak or not on my place in Bay Area. I usually stormproof and seal my windows and shutters to prevent the bitter wind from entering my home. Also, it was a fine investment to get myself a set of San Francisco windows, since, not only it looks good to the eyes, it is also weatherproof.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...