Sunday, February 7, 2010

GABR Transport (2/5/10) - Polly

Well it has proven to be a very busy year for GABR.  I am just one of many volunteers that transport these hounds.  And so far this year I have done four transports.  Know I am not complaining because this is what I signed up for.  It gives me more than enough time to love, snuggle, kiss one more hound.  It just saddens me to see so many bassets (and many other breeds) coming into rescue or shelters.  Some are strays, but the ones that I just can't figure out are 90% of the owner surrenders.  We just don't understand why not everyone loves their fur-babies as much as us.

We would like to introduce you to Polly.  She came into GABR Basset Rescue with two other females that were dropped off in an overnight drop box at a Shelter in Southern, IL.  Obviously, a back yard breeder reducing their stock.  URGH........

Polly seems to be very happy know that she is at GABR.  She was the sweetest and calmest of the bassets that I have transported.

Where did you say I was going?

As you can see she was very interested in where she was going.

Hounddogmom and Polly.  Getting a little bit better with taking pictures of ourselves.

Polly will be available for adoption soon so always checkout the link on the left to Guardian Angel Basset Rescue.  They have lots of young, middle age and some senior bassets.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...