Tuesday, August 5, 2008

HoundDog #2 Joins the Family

HoundDog #2 Joins the Family Well I was looking for a male dog to breed our female with and went to meet the potential daddy. Well after meeting them and talking it was discovered that our dogs had the same mother, just a litter a part. A little to close in the genes. Well she just happen to have 2 male puppies from her recent litter that were 3 months old. Of course, my husband doesn't say "NO" to me very often and he was like. If you have to have one, get the black and white one because it looks different then Precious. He then left me with 2 adorable basset hound puppies to choose from. Well I choose the Black/White one because the owner assured me he was the most melo, never barked one of the bunch. So we paid the lady our "blue light" special price and off we went to show him to his new fur-sister, 4-legged brother and Daddy of course. I was very excited because I got my male dog and would hopefully soon be able to breed a litter of basset puppies (another posting to come). Well this new puppy presented some challenges when he first came home. The first thing he did was sit in the middle of the living room and bark consistenly for several hours. Oh, great the one that never barks boy was I suckered and wondered what the other one was like. We also had quite time trying to figure out a name for this little guy with a very loud voice. After several days of study him, watching him our son came up with Elliott. I immediately think why would we name a dog Elliott after a dragon, where is the relationship. My husband is like "NO" he would be named for Elliott Nash "The Detective" because he was always snooping around. I am like "who", the only Elliott I know is the Elliott the Dragon in Pete"s Dragon. My husband gave me one of those looks like "DUH" you are not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes. Okay, I fully understood the need to name him Elliott after the explanation. His official name was Sir Elliott Jeakins and he was one of the most loving bassets I could have. He had a heart of gold and you could do anything you wanted to him. He and Precious became instant buddies and never missed a step together. Precious as a puppy ate and chewed everything insight. Elliott did none of these things, except bark and take his food bowl to the living room, dump it out in front of the TV and then eat it. Things were going along fine tell one day I read the paper and see HoundDog #3 Joins the Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...