Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pillars of Strength - A Special Day for K

Pillars of Strength – A Special Day for K

K is a very special chocolate Lab that is a very special fur-baby to KB, a blogger who does amazing work chronicling her life in the Rocky Mountains.  KB posts videos and pictures of bears, mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes, elk, etc., etc., and some of the most amazing mountain views we have ever had the pleasure of seeing.  If you have never  found/read her blog, we strongly recommend going – HERE.
We started reading their blog last year and have realized that K is her heart dog, a faithful canine companion on all of her adventures.  Unfortunately, K is facing some very challenging health issues and has her next round of chemotherapy on Friday, February 17.  Any of you who are animal lovers and have faced the same situation know what a difficult time this is for KB.  So a group of us have conspired to be KB's Pillars of Strength as they go through this time, feel free to grab the badge and join the hop.   We all know that the more we have on the Pillar the more Strength we provide.

The reason we have decided to be a Pillar of Strength to K and KB is because we know first-paw what it is like to have a fur-baby be diagnosed with the horrible “C” word.  Our Cleo was diagnosed with cancer on September 1, 2011 and she made her journey to the Rainbow Bridge on September 20, 2011, just 19 days after we had received the devastating news of this horrible disease.  I have lost close friends to cancer, but for some reason her diagnosed hit me like a ton of bricks.  I couldn’t breath, my heart was racing, my knees were weak and I really didn't know how families get through this (human or canine).  So what did I do, I turned to my blog and my blog friends, they were there for me and they knew first hand what I was going through (some may have not have experienced Canine Cancer) but everyone in blogville knows what it is like to receive devastating news of about our fur-babies no matter what we are facing.
This is Cleo our heart dog and the one that showed our hearts to "RESCUE"
 
I know there are a lot of great success stories on Canine Cancer, unfortunately mine is not one of them.  Cleo's cancer was a very fast growing cancer and once it is found it so far advanced there is not much you can do to help your beloved fur-baby, but hug them tight, snuggle them a little closer and tell them you will do your best to make it alright.  Cleo's cancer diagnosed did open my eyes even wider and I realized how much more we need to do to bring the awareness of CANCER to everyone (human or canine).

We do know that CANCER SUCKS BIG TIME (human/canine alike)

SO

KB and K please know that your blogging friends are here for you and if you ever need anything just give us a wolf.  Because we know how important blogville friends can be in a time like this.




Sniffs, The HoundDogs

8 comments:

  1. Excellent post! We are so loving seeing all of the Pillars of Strength throughout blogland this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post! I have added the Pillars Of Strength to my post. My heart has been with KB and K. I hope she feels everybody's strength! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogville was here for us to last summer when we lost our precious Tucker to cancer. Sometimes it strikes hard and swift.

    Our prayers to K and KB!


    Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost my kitteh brudder Cap'n Ripley to the Big C just a few weeks before you lost your Cleo. So we know how much that bad thing can hurt our hearts. Our paws are crossed for K and KB and I hope today shows them that they're not alone.

    Wiggles & WAgs,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. It's a K Day.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much. I'm so sorry about Cleo. I have felt all those emotions that you felt... except that K's situation is moving more slowly (and there's a remote chance that we can stop it). I wish that I'd known about Cleo back then so that I could have helped lend you some support.

    From the bottom of my heart, thanks for your kind words and support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post honoring everyone's favorite girl, K. Thanks for sharing Cleo's story with us. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog now that I've discovered it through the blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cancer does suck. Nice post!
    Happy Valentines Day!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...