Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rescue Me Week - Day #4

This is Day #4 of Mazie's Rescue Me Week.


During the week of November 7-11, Mazie is going to be honoring her Grampa J that passed away earlier this summer by having Rescue Me Week. For everyone that pawticipates in this event will have the opportunity to have 100 green papers donated to your favorite rescue/shelter. Mazie will be having a drawing the following week and 5 different blogs will win. That will be 5 different rescues/shetlers that will be so blessed to receive 100 green papers all because of Grampa J and his love for animals. How cool is that we get to honor Grampa J and help homeless pets find furever homes and then continue to help them with the dontation in Grampa J's honor.

One of our favorite rescues that we are heavily involved with is Guardian Angel Basset Rescue (GABR). Mom volunteers as a transporter for them and we move bassets from shelters, to their foster homes, to their furever homes.

The last couple of days we have highlighted the bonded basset pairs at GABR. Today we are going to move to the "Senior" hounds that are currently in a foster home.

DROOPY - IM A GIRL


Hello! My name is Droopy.  I am an affectionate lady of 8 years old.  I love to play with toys, take long walks and car rides.  I will follow you anywhere you will let me go!  I’m looking for an active outdoor family that is willing to take me out to see the world.  Or if you prefer, we could just snuggle on the couch and watch TV.  I don’t chew and I’m very friendly.  I even know how to play fetch!

I'm used to being an only dog and getting all your attention.  I do get a little excited when I see you and like to jump, so maybe older kids would be best. Please, no cats...I kind of make a fuss when I see one.

I hope to be hearing from you soon.
So if you can open your home to a hound why not it be a "Senior" hound. If you are interseted in adopting Droopy you can check out the GABR website for information on how to adopt to complete the necessary paperwork.

You can fine additional information on how to pawticipate in this great event by clicking the Mazie - Rescue Me Week or the link on the sidebar.

Sniffs, The HoundDogs

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl Droopy is! Sounds like she would make some lucky family very happy! And, um, maybe you could help them pick a beautiful name, too, to match her beautiful face :) Just sayin . . .

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Droopy is absolutely darling! It frustrates me that so many go out and purchase basset puppies when they could rescue a basset. There are too many basset in the world that need our help. She is cute, reminds me of Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I just love Droopy!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Droopy! Hope someone special comes by very SOON and wants to take you home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the Senior hounds! They just have so much character in their faces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Droopy! You are the CUTEST! I just luvs that picture of you with your stuffie in your mouth. But something is very wrong cuz it's still got STUFFING IN IT! Oh, well...to each her own, I guess. Paws crossed for you, sweet girl, that you gets your furever and ever home really soon!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love this idea!! You guys are doing great things!!

    Slobbers,
    The CheeseHounds

    P.S. Momma says she will come and kidnap that Droopy if it's ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Droopy is such a sweet gal! I hope she steals somebody's heart soon!

    Bunny

    P.S. Thanks for adding Kuster for us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...