Thursday, April 18, 2013

GABR Auction Items - My Donation

HoundDogMom here,

I know I asked you all several months ago about framing some cross-stitch items.  Well here we are months later and the GABR Basset Ball/Auction is this Saturday night.  I have been busy making several items for them and thought I would share them with you all.  I have approximately 1,000 hours in all three pieces and have been working on them most every night for 5-6 hours since mid-January.  I actually completed them at then end of March it has just taken me this long to pick out frames and get them mounted to sticky board.  We also had a little mishap with Rosie and the first set of frames I purchased.  She took them off the computer table outside and broke all the glass and chewed the frames.  I was just thankful that none of them got cut on all the broken glass in the backyard that day.

Here are my completed pieces, stitched, framed and ready to be bid on.  They will be in the Silent Auction portion of the night.


Item #1

This item is actually a picture I pulled from the internet and used my cross-stitch computer program to convert the picture to a cross-stitch pattern.  I placed the wording in there from another piece I had seen done.  I decided not to matte it and just placed it in a black frame.


Item #2
 
This item is from a basset cross-stitch book I found on e-bay and had to have because I had never see basset cross-stitch patterns.  This was the hardest of all of them as it has lots of 1/2 stitches and back stitching in it.  It was not matted either and placed in a frame that looks old fashioned.


Item #3
 
This piece is actually the event logo for the night and I took it through my cross-stitch program and converted it to a pattern for me to work.  It is not matted and is in a wood frame.


I just hope they bring in lots of money for our basset rescue.  It will be a great time with great friends, good food and hopefully some awesome auction items to bid on in both the Silent and Live Auctions.

Thanks for the suggestions on framing and for looking at my donations.
HoundDogMom (Sherri)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Sherri!
    I bet your items bring in lots of green papers for GABR.
    Much Love,
    Mama Mindy & The Slimmer Puggums
    George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, & Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! We wish you lots of luck for the auction!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! I am sure they will help the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I'm sure they will bring lots of funds to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! They are wonderful pieces and are sure to bring in a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are LOVELY. I know you'll have lots of bidders. I don't cross-stitch currently, but I've always said that the pieces I did in the past will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands, mainly because of all the hours they took to do. It's good to know that there are generous people in the world like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pawesome cross-stitches :) I'm sure they go a long way to helping the rescue :) our human ros loves doing cross-stitch. From Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...